If you are struggling with FPS and Graphics in Icarus, then these tweaks and settings changes can help you. Do these settings to get a better visual experience for Icarus. There are certain visual disturbances that can be cleared using these tweaks also.
Icarus – FPS and Graphics Settings Guide
There was a threefold increase in lod. The popping up of details in the surrounding area have been fixed by me. The trees, Stones and bushes have become more detailed and are no longer popping up. The mesh has been increased in order to make the trees and bushes look more detailed. The distance from the grass to the ground has tripled.
Here are other Icarus Graphics Settings changes and fixes:
- increased the animals lod distance
- reduced the aggressive popping up
- activated the texture filter to 16x
- This solves the problem of blurry ground textures in the distance.
- Fixed the problem with the blurry textures at the beginning of a new game (slow loading of the textures)
The nights are not as dark as they used to be, but they are still very dark. You don’t have to sleep anymore and you can go out for a night out. I recommend using a torch. It was a real night.
Performance Fixes for Icarus
Check out these performance fixes that have taken place in Icarus after the settings:
- 70fps (max) performance on an rtx 3070 amp, 1440p, i9 10850k.
- The best quality settings for your card
- It’s good to have high fps while playing games in ultra settings (AMD FidelityFX)
- There’s a risk of overclocking the card, as you can read in the forums.
- This is why I recommend activating AMD FidelityFX.
Graphics Changes that took place in Icarus after the settings
The graphical difference can be seen in the first two screens. There are trees on the right side and rocks, bushes and other details in the distance. There are bushes and small stones in front of the tree. Not seen with the highest settings. Other changes are:
- The ground texture in the distance is sharper.
- In the distance, the shadows are very effective.
Icarus – FPS and Graphics Settings
First of all, Exit the game. Go to drive > name > appdata > local > icarus > saved > config > WindowsNoEditor
then open the following (edit windows editor or notepad ++):
Copy the following and paste it at the bottom of the engine.ini:
[SystemSettings] r.TextureStreaming=0 r.Streaming.Boost=0 r.Streaming.MipBias=0 r.MaterialQualityLevel=1 r.ViewDistanceScale=3 r.MaxAnisotropy=16 r.LightMaxDrawDistanceScale=3 r.LightFunctionQuality=1 r.DetailMode=2 r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=3 r.ShadowQuality=5 r.DFShadowQualität=2 r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=4 r.Shadow.MaxResolution=2048 r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.03 r.Shadow.DistanceScale=3.0 r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=1.0 foliage.DensityScale=4 foliage.LODDistanceScale=4 r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-3 r.StaticMeshLODBias=-3 r.LandscapeLODDistributionScale=3 r.LandscapeLOD0DistributionScale=3 r.TonemapperGamma=2.5 r.Tonemapper.Quality=4 r.Color.Mid=0.4
If you want to deactivate bloom completely, add the following:
- Save and restart the game.
These Icarus graphics settings will hopefully help you gain decent FPS and fix some issues which you were facing.
You can follow us on Twitter and drop a like on Facebook to get the latest update on guides for Mobile Games, PC Games, and Codes List for different games. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!
Writer by day, gamer by night. Story-driven games are his favorite along with sprinkles of fighting games. When fitness is all you can think about, writing and gaming take a backseat sometimes…