In this patch for Vampire Survivors, we are observing some issues being addressed. They include the Mac version, 1 new character, 1 new evolution, 1 new passive weapon, and other small tweaks and changes. Let’s take a good look…
Vampire Survivor Patch Notes 0.2.11 – February 6, 2022
- 3 new achievements. Check their description to see what they unlock!
- 1 new character
- 1 new weapon evolution
- 1 new passive weapon and relative PowerUp
- Saves backup system
Tweaks and Fixes
- Tweak: Heaven Sword takes longer to despawn
- Tweak: every level in Crown gives +8% experience now
- Bugfix: game crashing on picking up multiple chests at the same time
- tentative fix for people having high CPU usage or stuck on an empty screen when launching the game
- The Mac version is out now!
Saves backup system
Backups are automatic, if you ever lose your data, it’s probably due to the game engine not shutting down completely or to a rogue file in the save folder. Please try to:
- Go to %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Roaming and if there is a file without an extension called “Vampire_Survivors”, delete it.
- Restart your machine to make sure the game is shut down completely, then launch it again, go to Options, finally click “Restore Backup” and “Confirm”
This is a temporary workaround while we try to fix the root cause of the problem.
Issues with launching the game
For people experiencing black or white screens immediately after launching the game, please follow this thread as someone is managing to get through:
Work on the new engine is going smoothly, still too soon to be able to say for sure when we can do the swap and forget about this kind of rendering issue, but in the meantime, I’m still trying to find some workarounds. Please also keep an eye on the launch options for the game, the new option to “Launch with Steam Overlay enabled” also solved the issues for a few players, so new experimental options might be added soon.
Other than saves backup, there hasn’t been much time for QOL this week, so hopefully, we’ll see some new tweaks in the next one. Stage 3 is in development, with a new layout, enemies, and a new minor game mechanic.
- They need some tweaking but should be good to go soon. Coming later this month Russian, Italian, Portuguese, and possibly more.
Still having some trouble with the native version, should hopefully need just a couple more days, but I said the same thing last week so… 🤞🏻
Please welcome Slothie who joined the part-time team as Community Manager!
With more than 11K users on Discord and a new peak of 53k concurrent players we really needed the extra help. @everyone thank you once again for your incredible support🙏🏻
You can follow us on Twitter and drop a like on Facebook to get the latest update on guides for Mobile Games, PC Games, and Codes List for different games. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!
Writer by day, gamer by night. Story-driven games are his favorite along with sprinkles of fighting games. When fitness is all you can think about, writing and gaming take a backseat sometimes…