The new patch 0.2.8 is being rolled out for Vampire Survivors dating January 16, 2022. The developers have addressed Cloud Saves, Volume Sliders, Stats Display, and more in this patch update. Read the full article to know more.
Vampire Survivors Patch 0.2.8 Update for January 16, 2022
The new patch is being rolled out and contains:
- QOL: Steam Cloud Saves
- QOL: Volume sliders
- QOL: after unlocking a couple of characters, a stats panel becomes visible on the character selection screen
- QOL: after unlocking a handful of weapons, current stats and weapon levels will be displayed when leveling up and on the pause screen
Tweaks and Bug Fixes
- Tweak: Garlic hits reduce knockback and freeze resistance
- Tweak: Orologion doesn’t prevent enemies from spawning anymore
- Tweak: increased birds’s level up area bonus
- Bugfix: Axes won’t despawn anymore if sent too high
- Bugfix: unlocks from Achievements are reactivated on launching the game
- Bugfix: corrected movemenet of a few projectiles to be independent from frame rate
- Bugfix: corrected Garlic description: ignores amount, duration, speed
- Added additional logs for people experiencing crashes, can be found in %APPDATA%\Vampire_Survivors\logs
While January is still about QOL improvements like localisation, key re-binding, Mac/Linux builds, etc, next week we’ll be getting a few more bits of content too.
Rendering issues at startup and during Treasures (Fixes)
The Steam version of the game might have rendering issues on certain hardware, even if it’s not as powerful as it could be. Black screens, heavy slowdowns, and high CPU usage are possible when there are a lot of semi-transparent pixels on the screen.
They developers don’t have direct control over those issues, so they’re looking for short term and long term fixes, as well as starting a parallel rewrite in a different engine for the long term.
Writer by day, gamer by night. Story-driven games are his favorite along with sprinkles of fighting games. When fitness is all you can think about, writing and gaming take a backseat sometimes…